Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hope

Today was a surprisingly good day. Yesterday I received a call from the Developmental Behavioral Pediatrician I scheduled an appointment with back in October for April. I had accepted their offer to be wait listed for her 1st available cancellation spot and today was our day.

I have accepted that although I don't believe Katie truly has autism it's probably the best way to explain her symptoms to others. It didn't surprise me to hear that she will most likely qualify as being on "the spectrum" when she completes her testing next month; however, it was reassuring to hear that her symptoms and presentation are atypical. Her development has been nonlinear and she is exceptionally bright - it was so nice to hear what I already knew from a professional! I wasn't necessarily expecting to receive support in her current diet (turkey, chicken, pork, rice, and pears) but evidence showed that I am onto something; not only that, but her diet is well enough balanced to provide necessary nutrients and not put her at significant risk for malnutrition. It sounds like many parents make claims that various diets have improved their child's behavior, but for me and Katie it is a reality that our newest doctor accepts and affirms!

We spoke for over two hours and I welcomed this talented physician to our team; I think my exact words were, "I am so happy to have you on our team!" She seemed surprised that my mom heard a commercial during a Blackhawks hockey game, that I simply Googled the information and by chance found her; determined to seek her assistance. God is SO good! The best news of the day: I shared with our newest team member that my goal for Katie is to be "healthy and better" within two years. Her response, "I think that's a reasonable goal". Tonight I am thanking God, full of hope once again!

*Please pray for God's continued favor and guidance for Katie's life. We ask for special prayers for these talented physicians, and supernatural unexplainable understanding of Katie's medical condition(s). Finally I ask for prayers that one day soon my little girl can return to a life of rainbows and butterflies, and her Mommy will be able to relax and enjoy the most honorable occupation once again!


1 comment: