Sometimes church is the only time I slow down enough to hear God speak clearly. My weekend had been one of going to bed earlier, waking earlier, accomplishing much, and feeling well; however, I almost didn't go to church because I lost track of time. As I sat listening and taking notes on Sunday an idea came to me so I wrote it down ...
Start waking up before the kids.
For the past seven years these little bundles of blessing have replaced my alarm clock. This is something I have come to appreciate; however, it means I have no alone time in the morning. I could be intentional about waking earlier, but I truly hate the sound of an alarm. It would also undermine my plan if the girls heard an alarm and got up with me; most likely this would be the outcome.
Today is Tuesday, and at 5:30am with 2 small blessings asleep beside me I was awakened by my God who also believes I need this time in the morning. It's only by His doing that I escaped the dark room without drawing attention to myself.
Since this was an act of God, I immediately knew that I should take this time to read my Bible and pray. So what I did was check Facebook! Yes, God woke me up, God answered my request, God spoke to me, and I answered by checking Facebook. Thankfully I worship an incredible God who knows me so well! As I looked at Facebook I saw reasons to pray, and so it began ... my day with prayer.
I prayed for a friend who just birthed a premature baby. I prayed for a friend who is struggling with autism. I prayed for a friend who I promised I'd pray for, but may have forgotten to follow though if not for this morning. My God woke me this morning to ask Him for help! He listened, while I didn't praise Him or thank Him, He listened while I asked Him to do more.
Today I am thankful for a night of sleep that ended at 5:30am and resulted in starting my day feeling blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment